Effective records maintenance while adhering to compliances is a critical element of success for every business. Maintaining, updating documents on schedule, and destroying data at the right time are important for businesses dealing with critical client information.
Keeping information for too long can be a security breach, while improper disposal can be a risk of a privacy breach. In-house data shredding with the help of a residential shredder is not the right way to keep the information safe and is not a professional records management approach. Most businesses choose to deploy a reputed document destruction company to ensure that data destruction is done correctly while adhering to all the state compliances.
Why deploy a secure document destruction company?
Professional records management and data destruction companies offer refiner ways to destroy the sensitive information of their clients. Depending on a business’s compliance needs, a data destruction company can even come to your location for onsite data destruction. It has secure shred bins and mobile shredding equipment to help shred paper documents and other storage media like hard drives, pen drives, old laptops, and other electronic storage media. It can shred onsite in front of your eyes or can securely transport the material to a secure shredding facility.
Why should document shredding be a regular enterprise practice?
It is indisputable that documents that contain critical business information and client data need to be secured with the help of a professional records management company. If exposed, these can lead to identity theft and result in malicious attacks on an organization. Many organizations unintentionally keep on dragging records that are no longer required and cost them a lot. Shredding critical data is an act of prudence and should be a mandatory practice for all businesses.
- Saves time: There are different departments that shuffle through tons of paperwork every day. Sorting the important documents and ensuring secure storage while discarding the expired ones require time. Outsourcing the shredding needs fastens the process. There is no involvement of the company’s staff, as the shredding service provider does the work on their own, providing you with more peace of mind.
- Secure data shredding is compliance: All businesses are accountable for any leak or exposure of their client’s information. Currently, state and federal laws have changed the data destruction policy, making the guidelines for the disposal of all data types more secure. These laws protect the customer’s privacy, whether it is in the form of paper, digital, or electronic media. So, shredding data is not just a decluttering task but also helps meet compliance.
- Saves from identity theft: All the private information of personnel, business stakeholders, customers, etc., is sensitive and needs to be protected. If it gets exposed knowingly or unknowingly and passes over into the hands of elements with malicious intentions, it can cause serious damage to the organization. Identity theft must be taken seriously. A scheduled shredding can keep your information from falling into the wrong hands.
- It makes the workplace clutter-free: One of the added advantages of scheduled document destructing practices is a clutter-free space. It helps save you a lot of valuable storage space, which you can use for other primary purposes.
- Earn eco-friendly badge: Shredding data with the help of professional records management company ensures safe destruction and, at the same time, is an eco-friendly process. A professional data destruction company listed under USA Shredding Services ensures that all the shredded material is recycled properly and not used in landfills.
Benefits of outsourcing shredding services
USA Shredding Services can connect you with a secure document destruction company, thus offering a lot of advantages when compared to in-house shredding. Some of these are:
- Convenient onsite document destruction: The document destruction job is taken care of by professionals with the most modern industrial equipment. They can perform onsite destruction or pick up the material for safe destruction at a separate location. Industrial shredders, apart from shredding paper documents, can destroy any storage media, including pen drives, hard drives, old laptops, and other electronic data storage devices.
- Secured consoles and bins: Data destruction companies listed under USA Shredding Services can keep secure consoles at your location. Once the bins are filled, shredding services pick up the consoles through scheduled rotation, ensuring that there is never a backlog of documents.
- Professional records management: Strict data destruction process allows the organizations to track where and when the data is destroyed while confirming complete security and eco-friendly destruction.
Professional records management, along with timely data shredding, helps an organization to operate at peak efficiency by streamlining the safe destruction of all paper and digital records. A majority of identity theft is related to paper information, including a lost or stolen wallet and checkbook or information taken from the garbage. It is critical to safeguard the information of your organization and the clients by outsourcing the data destruction procedure by choosing a certified company from the list of USA Shredding Services.